How long will this lateral direction last?
Realtor.tv has published this real estate review video. Here are some of the highlights from the video:
- The economy is going in a lateral direction with some ups and downs.
- The Case-Shiller index is up .3 from a year ago and prices stable over last 3 years.
- The FHFA index shows home pricing has been relatively neutral.
- New homes are being built in the west where inventory of distressed sales have cleared up.
- Home builder confidence index.
- Retail sales have jumped 1.1%.
- Consumers are putting funds into the market place.
- Mortgage applications are up 4.9% following a decline.
- Refinancing is still soft in-spite of the low interest rates.
- Moving towards a 4% inflation rate which may cause a shadow on the holiday spending.
- Import and export prices have been growing at double digit rates.
Signs that the economy is improving
may mean now IS the time to buy!
Good signs that we are out of the recession and heading to a positive market for 2012.
What are your thoughts about this report? Please comment below.
Looking to buy or sell your home? I am here to help you!
Pam McCoy, Realtor®, e-PRO, CNE